Parent Education and Professional Development
We provide workshops on various parent education related topics.
Workshops are conducted in a single session or as a series of up to eight sessions.
- Behavior: The Language of Children (Donna)
- Tips, Tools and Interventions to Add to Your Behavior Management Tool Box (Lonnie)
- Understanding Your Child’s Developmental Needs (Lonnie)
- Surviving Adolescence: Outwit, Outplay & Outlast (Donna)
- Morning Madness & Bedtime Blues: Strategies for Challenging Times of the Day (Donna)
- How to Navigate the Special Education Process (Lonnie)
- Parenting your A-Plus Child: Angry, Active, Anxious or Awkward (Donna)
- Positive Behavioral Supports with Your Teen: From Sticker Charts to Behavior Contracts (Lonnie)
- You’re Not the Boss of Me: Tips for Managing Conflict in Families (Donna)
- Working with Your Child’s Teacher(s) in the Spirit of Collaboration (Lonnie)
- Autism and Related Developmental Disabilities: Signs, Symptoms and Practical Information (Lonnie)
We also provide staff professional development opportunities to school districts, special education/parent councils, private schools, pre-schools, daycares and others. We address topics in social skills training, special education, child development, early childhood curriculum, positive behavioral supports, developmental assessment, working with students with challenging behavior, social-emotional development and more.
Topics for professional development workshops include:
- Understanding and working with Students with Challenging Behaviors
- You’re Going to Love This Kid!: Teaching Students with Autism in the Inclusive Classroom
- Emotionally Challenging Children: What to Look For & How To Help
- Developmental Domains and Assessment for Young Children
- General Teaching Strategies: Structuring the Learning Environment and the Use of Positive Behavioral Supports in a Classroom Setting.
- The “How To’s” of Social Skills in School Settings
We can tailor a workshop for the specific needs of any group. Contact us for more information or to book your date today!